Believe it or not, the kids are back in school, and with this comes more stress, less energy and less free time. Excessive stress and fatigue will eventually impact you and your children’s health. To obtain less stress and have more time and energy, follow these 5 easy back to school hacks:
1. Routine is key! Set your alarm each day for the same time, even on the weekends. Have a set routine for your children when they get home from school: homework, dinner, reading, bath time and get ready for bed.
2. Get enough sleep! Adults should get at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night, and children, depending on their age, should get 9-11 hours of sleep. Getting enough sleep is extremely important for you and your family. Lack of sleep is certain to cause stress m brain fog and fatigue for anyone! Going to bed each night and waking up at the same time each morning is ideal.
3. Eat and drink well! Upon rising each day, drink a glass of purified water, and make sure your breakfast includes a healthy protein like pasture raised eggs, a plant based meal drink or gluten free bacon or sausage. This is also important for your children before they head to school.
4. Toss the junk! Clean out your pantry and get rid of all the junk food that summer brought into the house. The kids were home, but now they’re back to school and their nutrition is important for both their mental and physical health. Fill the refrigerator with fruits, veggies, and other healthy snacks. Eliminate as much sugar as possible. Sugar isn’t good for everyone, so this goes for the entire family.
5. Take time for YOU! Getting the kids out the door each day can be stressful, and when they get home it’s all about homework, sports and play dates. This can be exhausting, so take some time for you whenever possible: go for a walk, make an appointment at the spa, or call an old friend to catch up. If you’re not healthy and happy, no one in your family will be healthy and happy! When mom is happy, everyone is happy!
Following these 5 simple suggestions will help your entire family to more time and energy to enjoy life.
Are you feeling more stressed then you should be? Do you want to get to the bottom of the stress response? It might be a good idea to try our cortisol test for stress. This test can be done in the comfort of your own home, and no blood will be drawn.
Click here to read about Cortisol Stress Testing
To measure your optimal health markers you’ll need a more thorough test requiring blood to be drawn. When stress is up, thyroid function, iron or b12 may be low and inflammation health markers may be up.
Click here to read about optimal health markers and testing
Phone Orders: 678-372-2913/Toll Free:866-307-2495
Like us on Facebook
Medical disclaimer: Our hormone imbalance testing kits and all tests cannot be used to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. All test results are to be used as educational materials and as a guide to help support your overall health and wellness. Always discuss health concerns with your medical doctor.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.