By Alane Palmer, ND, CNC and Maria Cummings
Is your home really safe for YOU and YOUR family? Are you or someone in your family feeling sick and tired lately? You could be house sick..something in your home is causing you to feel bad! Household toxins can be very sneaky because most of them are hidden from our eye site.
Mold. Sure you can see mold in the shower and sometimes on old food. However, mold is not always visible especially mold spores that are in the air. Here are a few unsuspected places where mold can accumulate: air ducts, old books, magazines, wallpaper, couches, carpet, pets, behind shower tiles, in carpet. The effects of mold on someone who is allergic or immune compromised, can cause fatigue and health challenges including breathing difficulties, skin disorders, pain, headaches, brain fog and mood swings.
Dander. If you have an adorable pet, then you could be reacting to their dander. However, pets are not the only ones caring dander, rodents or anything else with fur or feathers have dander. Dander can easily be transferred from one home to another.
Dust Mites. You can not see dust mites, but these microscopic bugs are lurking in your home in places like your bed mattress, pillows, sheets, favorite chair, and bath mats. Dust mites can wreak havoc on anyone who has allergies, a weakened immune system or asthma.
Sulfates can also be causing you not to feel good. Sulfates such as sodium lauryl sulfate and sodium laureth sulfate are in many everyday products that we use at home from shampoo, toothpaste, perfumes and deodorant to name a few. All wines contain sulfites as the yeast naturally produces sulfites during fermentation. Other components of wine (red and white) that may trigger an immune response.
Household chemicals can cause you to be sick and tired. Don’t be fooled by the labeling gimmick such as natural, green, non-toxic, these type of labels for household cleaners are not strickly enforced, and you would be surprised how unsafe many household products are! Try replacing your household cleaners with organic cleaners or find a DIY recipe that is safe for you and your family!
If you are home sick and tired, it is time to find out what toxins are stressing your immunity by taking our Allergy Test Kit!
Phone Orders: 678-372-2913/Toll Free:866-307-2495
Like us on Facebook
Medical disclaimer: Our Environmental Allergy test kits and all tests cannot be used to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. All test results are to be used as educational materials and as a guide to help support your overall health and wellness. Always discuss health concerns with your medical doctor.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.