By Alane Palmer, ND, CNC, and Maria Cummings
If you suffer from anxiety, you may believe that you just have to live with it. The truth is that you have to “deal with it” and you can! If you do not, it will get worse. However, in dealing with anxiety, you need to understand what is causing it in the first place.
Many times anxiety is from bad brain chemistry, meaning that the brain is unable to produce GABA and serotonin sufficiently. Other times, it comes from being overly stressed which can cause hormonal imbalances and the stress feelings. There are other reasons for anxiety to exit these are just two of the most common reasons.
Here are 7 Easy Ways to Stop Anxiety
1. Getting outside in the sunlight for at least 15 minutes a day will increase your vitamin D levels, which decreases depression and anxiety.
2. Speaking of getting outside, you could add a few more minutes outside because exercising for 20-25 minutes helps to reduce anxiety symptoms by releasing a mood-boosting neurotransmitter called serotonin which alleviates anxieties.
3. Lavender is the perfect “must-have” essential oil for those who suffer from anxieties because of its calming effects. Have a massage with it, put some inside your pillow case, use directly on the skin, or just breathe it in and enjoy- ah so calming.
4. Taking an Epsom salt bath is another way to calm down anxiety. Plus magnesium sulfate helps in lowering blood pressure. For a more soothing bath add a few drops of (you guessed it) lavender essential oil.
5. Chamomile tea is very calming. Drink it three times a day or whenever anxiety tries to rear its ugly head.
6. Be open to talking about your anxiety with a trusted friend or a holistic therapist. There is “therapy” in talking and being understood.
7. Supplements help to support your brain health and overall health. L-lysine is an amino acid is one of the building blocks for your brain’s neurotransmitters. Holy basil and ashwagandha herbs helps lower cortisol levels that are connected to stress. Vitamin B3 also helps with anxiety, just to name a few.
Interestingly enough, stress can cause nutrient deficiencies and high oxidative stress levels, which is exactly what you do not want to have when you are struggling with anxieties. Fortunately, we have a Vitamin and Mineral Test Kit that tests for all your vitamin and mineral levels, plus it tells you about your antioxidant levels and oxidative stress levels too. One of the best ways to battle anxiety naturally is to make sure that you have the proper nutrients to support your brain health and overall health!
To check your vitamin and mineral levels, click here!
Like us on Facebook
Medical disclaimer: Our Vitamin and Mineral Test kits and all tests cannot be used to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. All test results are to be used as educational materials and as a guide to help support your overall health and wellness. Always discuss health concerns with your medical doctor.