By Alane Palmer, ND, CNC
What is adrenal fatigue? Is it a real thing? How does it happen? How do you test for adrenal fatigue via cortisol levels? What is a cortisol level?
These are several questions we hear almost daily from people asking about adrenal fatigue. Here are some easy to understand answers. Adrenal fatigue is real! It happens to the best of us. One day we are fine, a week later we feel a bit tired and a few weeks later we are feeling burnt out. Adrenal fatigue can happen for many reasons. Some reasons are an illness, taking care of a loved one that is sick, over- exercising, a high-stress job, staying up late and getting very little sleep, being a perfectionist, not taking time to chill out and enjoy life, etc.
Testing for cortisol levels to show if adrenal fatigue is a concern is very easy! We have test kits available for purchase at our wellness clinic, and via our website.. Once purchased, we mail it to you right away. There will be 4 empty vials. On the day of the collection, this is what you do.
1. Wake, rinse your mouth out with water, wait 5 minutes and fill the AM vial with saliva. Yes, fill it up. Put it in the freezer with your name and date of birth written on it. Then have some breakfast if you are hungry, BUT avoid caffeine or it will hinder the test showing HIGH cortisol levels. Also, avoid chocolate and sugar during the testing day.
2. 30 minutes before lunch collect your lunchtime vial by rinsing your mouth out again with water, waiting 5 minutes, spit and yes, fill the vial with saliva to the top. Put your name and DOB on it and put it in the freezer.
3. 30 minutes before dinner do the same thing in the AFTERNOON vial.
4. Stay up till around 11pm and repeat.
5. Freeze all the vials all night long.
6. Wake up in the morning and put the kit together – shipping is free via UPS – fill out any yellow highlighted areas on the paperwork and ship your samples in the box provided.
Results and protocol will be emailed to you within 2-3 weeks.
Adrenal Fatigue testing for cortisol levels is quick and easy. We are here to help you feel your absolute best!
Adrenal Fatigue: Test Kits Click Here.
Like us on Facebook
Medical disclaimer: Our tests cannot be used to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. All test results are to be used as educational materials and as a guide to help support your overall health and wellness. Always discuss health concerns with your medical doctor.