By Alane Palmer, ND, CNC
There are so many significant numbers to remember these days! Which version of my password am I on? What’s my kid’s new cell phone number? How much was that dentist bill? But when it comes time to go to the grocery store, there’s one important number to know, and that is FIFTEEN. As in the Clean Fifteen. These are the fruits and vegetables which, even in non-organic forms, have been tested and found to expose your body to the smallest amounts of pesticide residues.
Here are five reasons to put these 15 foods on your grocery list.
1. The clean 15 are all tasty treats. Here are the foods on the Clean 15 list: Sweet corn, avocados, pineapples, cabbage, onions, sweet peas (frozen), papayas, asparagus, mangos, eggplant, honeydew melon, kiwi, cantaloupe, cauliflower, grapefruit. Salads with sweet corn, avocados or, sweet peas offer a fun variation on the standard iceberg-and-carrots fare. A mango or grapefruit is a delicious addition to your smoothie. Roasted eggplant and cauliflower are rich in winter mealtime comfort.
2. The clean 15 pack a huge nutritional punch! Vitamin C, folic acid, calcium, potassium, fiber, potassium, vitamin B1: It reads like the side of a multi-vitamin! Those are just some of the nutrition benefits of just two of the Clean Fifteen (cabbage and peas). All the items on the list will boost your nutrition and overall health. Why not eat more?
3. Your budget will thank you. You can get all the health benefits of fresh foods at a fraction of the cost of their organic costs. Organic produce can run upwards of 50% more than regular, so if you fill your shopping cart with fruits and veggies, it can make a huge difference to go all-organic. The Clean Fifteen offers you options to save your money to buy organic when you really need to.
4. Real protection from cancer, brain, and nervous system toxicity, and irritation to your skin, eyes, and lungs. What are pesticides designed to do? Kill things, of course! They are toxic by their very design, created to kill insects, plants, and fungi that are considered pests. But that design poses health dangers to other living things: people. These risks have been confirmed by independent scientists and physicians across the world. Eating the Clean Fifteen helps you get the nutrition you need without the potential harm of pesticide residue.
5. The clean 15 lack hormone-disrupting pesticides. More than 50 pesticide active ingredients have been identified as endocrine disruptors. That’s a fancy way of saying: they mess with your hormones. And no woman wants her hormones messed with as it can wreak havoc on so many fundamental aspects of our health. Shopping the Clean Fifteen can help protect our precious hormones and our overall health. The Clean Fifteen should be at the top of every woman’s grocery list. Fill up your cart, and you can see significant benefits for your body as well of peace of mind.
If you are concerned about your exposure to pesticides, the ALCAT Platinum Plus test can give you the information you need to feel better. It includes reactions to pesticides, food allergens, and environmental allergens, all in one test that you can do yourself! Get your test today and get the answers you need to protect your health and start feeling better.
ALCAT Platinum Test: Click Here
Like us on Facebook
Medical disclaimer: Our tests cannot be used to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. All test results are to be used as educational materials and as a guide to help support your overall health and wellness. Always discuss health concerns with your medical doctor.