By Alane Palmer, ND, CNC, and Maria Cummings
Who doesn’t enjoy a delicious chewy fruit snack? Nowadays if you are a health conscious mom, you literally have to think and cook outside the box! After all, most snacks are nothing but sugar, artificial colors, and flavors! If you do find healthy snacks, they are expensive and usually come in small quantities. However, today we have a gut healing gummy recipe that you and your kids can enjoy, plus these gummies are yummy.
If you are looking for a snack that will stand out on its own and tasted great then this recipe is for you! There are many delicious gummy recipes out there, so do not be afraid to experiment and make them the way you like them. This recipe is by Wellness Mama and is a good recipe for beginners.
Homemade Fruit Snacks
prep 5 mins cook 10 mins total 15 mins
author wellness mama
yield 24 +
Healthy homemade fruit snacks packed with nutrients from gelatin, fruit, kombucha (optional) and juice.
• 8 tablespoons (1/2 cup) gelatin (Great Lakes brand is good – the red container)
• 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup (optional and to taste)
• 2 cups fruit juice OR Kombucha OR some other liquid of choice
• 1 cup defrosted frozen berries, pureed (optional)
Note: It is important to have all ingredients ready before beginning as you will need to work quickly once you start.
1. Place fruit juice or Kombucha and honey/maple syrup in a small saucepan and heat over low heat until warm and starting to simmer but not hot or boiling. Add pureed fruit, if using.
2. Start sprinkling gelatin over the juice mixture while whisking or using an immersion blender. Continue doing this until all gelatin is incorporated and the mixture is smooth. Adding the gelatin too quickly will make it more difficult to get the mixture to incorporate. An immersion blender is not necessary but greatly speeds up the process.
3. As soon as the gelatin is mixed in and the mixture is smooth, pour into molds or a lined/greased baking dish and place in the refrigerator or freezer until hardened.
Kombucha is a probiotic drink, feel free to replace Kombucha with a probiotic powder if you do not enjoy probiotic drinks. However, if you do make sure to take the mixture off the heat and let it cool off to about 105-110 degrees F. This is vital because you do not want to kill the probiotics.
• Healthy Skin
• Hair & Nails
• Digestive System
You are not only making something delicious, but you are also making something Nutritious! Plus you are supporting gut health, and that is something you can feel good about while snacking! If you are interested in gut health, you can learn more about YOUR gut health with our Comprehensive Stool Test Kit in the comfort of your home.
Our Comprehensive Stool Test uses a three-day collection system that offers thorough analysis that can identify issues that other test kits might miss. You will get results about the beneficial bacteria in your gut, parasites, bad bacteria, leaky gut markers, along with inflammation and intestinal health markers that can indicate what issues you may be experiencing.
To check your gut health, click here!
Having good gut health is as easy as 1-2-3 with our testing!
Like us on Facebook
Medical disclaimer: Our Comprehensive Stool Test kits and all tests cannot be used to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. All test results are to be used as educational materials and as a guide to help support your overall health and wellness. Always discuss health concerns with your medical doctor.