Why is MTHFR Genotyping Important?
- Certain mutations in the gene coding for MTHFR produce an enzyme that has reduced activity.
- Reduced activity can lead to elevated levels of homocysteine (a.k.a. hyperhomocysteinemia), especially when folate levels are low.
- High homocysteine (>13umol/L) may double the risk of developing illness or complications.
- MTHFR genotyping can provide information about potential causes of elevated homocysteine and approaches for addressing it.
- Based on MTHFR and homocysteine results, physicians can develop dietary and medical recommendations – increased intake of folate alone or in combination with vitamins B6 and B12 are recommended.
- Based on results, recommendations for methotrexate dosage can be adjusted.
Risks Associated with MTHFR Variants
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Cerebral Vascular Disease (Stroke)
- Venous and Arterial Thrombosis
- Methotrexate Toxicity for Cancer Therapy
- Neurological Conditions: Schizophrenia, Parkinsons, Alzheimer’s, vascular dimential, restless leg syndrome, headache, Epilepsy,
Emotional disturbances (anxiety, OCD, depression, bipolar, insomnia, forgetfulness, psychosis
Who Should be Tested?
- Those with high homocysteine levels.
- Those who have a familial history of cardiovascular disease, stroke or thrombosis.
- Those who are candidates for long-term methotrexate therapy.
- Those with Autism
- Those with ADHD
- Those with Depression or mood swings
EASY 3 STEP ORDERING PROCESS:
1. Place your order and a blood test kit will be mailed to you.
2. We provide you with the name and address of a lab to perform the blood draw. There may be a small blood draw fee at the lab, around $25,.
3. Results, interpretation and a clear plan will be emailed to you within 2 weeks.
You can order this MTHFR test along with the Vibrant American Cardio + Micronutrient (Vitamin / Mineral Blood) test, as they are all available in the same test kit.
State of NY Orders:
We can mail you a test kit and results. The blood draw needs to be done outside the state of NY. We can provide you with labs in NJ, PA and CT
BENEFITS OF ORDERING FROM NUTRITIONALLY YOURS
1. Test kits are mailed out right away
2. Great customer service over the phone and via email
3. Years of experience successfully helping people feel better
4. Convenient and confidential nutritional testing on “your” terms
Online Orders: Order through our secure store.
Phone Orders: Please Call 678-372-2913/
Email: questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This test kit is for educational and research purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, cure or treat any medical conditions.