A Comprehensive Test for Identifying Functional Nutritional Deficiencies and Insufficiencies
Why Use the NutrEval FMV Profile?
The NutrEval FMV® is both a blood and urine test that evaluates over 125 biomarkers and assesses the body’s functional need for 40 antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, amino acids, digestive support, and other select nutrients. Personalized recommendations for nutrients are determined by using an algorithm based on the patient’s test findings. The NutrEval Plasma and NutrEval FMV (first morning void) differ based on which sample type is used to measure amino acids, plasma or urine.
When should testing for NutrEval FMV be considered?
According to the World Health Organization, every country in the world is affected by one or more forms of malnutrition. The term malnutrition addresses 3 broad groups of conditions:1
- Undernutrition (wasting, stunting, underweight)
- Micronutrient-related malnutrition from inadequate or excess vitamins or minerals
- Overweight, obesity, and diet-related noncommunicable diseases (such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes and some cancers)
Proper nutrition is key to preventing a number of diseases. Nutrients are necessary to feed every cell and ensure all body systems are functioning properly. Testing can help clinicians and patients gain an understanding of how nutritional imbalances may be impacting their health. Certain conditions or dietary, genetic, and lifestyle factors may predispose a person to having nutrient imbalances.
Symptoms and conditions associated with nutrient imbalances
- Mood disorders2-6
- Cardiovascular disease7,8
- Obesity/ Insulin resistance/ Type 2 Diabetes9-12
- Weight Issues/ Malnutrition/ Dietary Guidance
- Increased nutrient demand in physical trauma/healing21