By Alane Palmer, ND, CNC, and Maria Cummings

Even if you are consuming probiotic rich foods like kimchi, sauerkraut, yogurt, kefir and more, you may be surprised to know that you probably should still incorporate a high-quality daily probiotic as well too. Anyone who is on antibiotics should consider taking a daily probiotic along with their prescription especially to prevent diarrhea. Probiotics also help when taking antibiotics because the antibiotics are known for destroying the gut bacteria whether good or bad.

Probiotics are often called the “friendly bacteria” in the gastrointestinal tract or GI tract for short. These “friendly” bacteria need to dominate the intestinal tract to support the immune system, proper gut health, and mental health. Good bacteria should dominate 85 percent of intestinal flora, allowing the remaining 15 percent of pathogenic bacteria to dwell too. The problem is when the pathogenic take over causing all kinds of health concerns. Probiotics help by balancing the levels of these microorganisms.

That is why taking a daily probiotic supplement helps to support good bacteria balance and keeps the pathogenic bacteria from taking over the gut. When the bad bacteria takes over the result can cause annoying symptoms like gas, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, cramping, weight gain or loss, headaches, skin issues, inflammation and much more.

With that said taking probiotics may also cause temporary side effects like embarrassing gas and bloating too, but that is because it is working- remember the keyword is temporary! If you do not mind me saying so, the benefits far outweigh the temporary “toots.”;)

A few benefits of why you should consume probiotics are:

*Enhances Immunity
*Enhances Nutrient Absorption
*Promote a Healthy Microbiome
*Helps to Decrease Celiacs Symptoms
*Supports Mood
*Maintains Weight Balance

As you can see, supporting your gut health with a probiotic can help your overall health! Doing something as easy as taking a probiotic can be one of the best things you can do for yourself and your health. Another “best thing” you can do is take a stool test. You can measure your gut health with our Comprehensive Stool Test because it uses a three-day collection system that offers a thorough analysis, which identifies issues that other test kits might miss. You will get results about the beneficial bacteria in your gut, parasites, harmful bacteria, leaky gut markers, along with inflammation and intestinal health markers that can indicate what issues you may be experiencing. Don’t let bad gut health get in the way of your immune, gut, and mental health when there is a stool test that can help you improve Your overall health!

To check your gut health, click here!

Phone Orders: 678-372-2913/Toll Free:866-307-2495



Like us on Facebook

Medical disclaimer: Our Stool Test kits and all tests cannot be used to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. All test results are to be used as educational materials and as a guide to help support your overall health and wellness. Always discuss health concerns with your medical doctor.