By Alane Palmer, ND, CNC, and Maria Cummings
You have heard it said before that inflammation is the start of all diseases! Inflammation is the body’s protection mechanism to help defend against foreign invaders such as viruses or bacteria. However, sometimes the body will attack itself in what is known as an autoimmune disease. These attacks happen when the immune system perceives an invader to be harmful when it is not. There are many reasons for inflammation, but there are also many foods that have anti-inflammation properties to help you fight inflammation.
Are you suffering from inflammation? You might be if you have some of these symptoms: joint pain, joint stiffness, warm or swollen joints, and redness. Other symptoms include those that are similar to flu-like symptoms such as chills, fatigue, fever, headaches, inability to lose weight, decreased appetite, and stiff muscles.
The good news is that there are foods that can help reduce inflammation!
Here are the top 5 foods that will come to the rescue when it comes to inflammation flare ups.
1. Bone Broth is getting a whole lot of hype, and that is because it has healing properties like gelatin and collagen which help heal the gut, it supports healthy bones and joints, plus it is great for your skin too!
2. Sardines and salmon also contribute to reducing inflammation because they are rich in Omega 3-fats. Sardines are packed with nutrients like calcium, B12, and Vitamin D plus mercury contamination is not a concern for this small fish.
3. Teas such as green tea matcha or Tulsi are loaded with anti-inflammatory antioxidants that support optimal immune function.
4. Fermented foods are excellent for healing the gut, aiding in digestion, and boosting the immune system while fighting inflammation! So, go ahead and add a little sauerkraut, kimchee, miso, or olives to your daily meals!
5. Spices are another way to get anti-inflammatory properties into your food or drinks! Turmeric, cloves, ginger, rosemary and many more spices not only make life more flavorful but if consumed regularly may prevent chronic illnesses from developing.
Now we know some of the causes and symptoms of inflammation, plus which foods that fight inflammation, but there is still one thing more that you should be aware of… Healthy foods are not always ‘healthy” for everyone! Seriously, if you have a food intolerance, you could be causing yourself inflammation-yikes! It is amazing how many people do not realize that the same “healthy” foods that they often enjoy consuming are causing them inflammation! You can find out which foods are causing you inflammation with our Food Allergy Test Kits (IgG & IgE). Find out today if some of your favorite foods are contributing to your aches and pains so that YOU can fight inflammation the smart way today!
To check your food intolerances, click here!
We care about you and can help you fight inflammation!
Like us on Facebook
Medical disclaimer: Our Food Allergy Test Kits (IgG & IgE) and all tests cannot be used to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. All test results are to be used as educational materials and as a guide to help support your overall health and wellness. Always discuss health concerns with your medical doctor.