By Alane Palmer, ND, CNC, and Maria Cummings
Whether you are graduating high school or graduating college, both are significant milestones to be congratulated! So, we want to help you out with a few tips that every graduate should know to keep you on top of your game.
1. Your physical health is also your wealth, and we know that you have been in school studying hard trying to keep your GPA up and pass finals. You not only got your degree, but you may also have also gained a little something else, you know the ehhm… the dreadful Freshman 15 (pounds, that is). So, make sure that your health comes first. Take the time to exercise, whether it be walking, jogging, going to the gym or getting involved with a sport- just get active so that you can stay fit and healthy! Exercise has many benefits. When you incorporate exercise, you help improve your moods, decrease stress, and support better sleep, just to name a few.
2. We already know you are smart after all; you did graduate:) Therefore, it is time to make some wise decisions concerning what you are eating. First, make sure you start the day off with a healthy breakfast. Second, watch your portions, they can get out of control. Entering college, a new job or an internship can be intimidating and stressful, so avoid stress eating. Prepare your foods and take them along with you whenever you can and pack plenty of healthy snacks too.
3. While you were in college, you probably stayed up all night…studying of course and probably neglecting your sleep. Sleep is essential and if you want to perform your best for your dream job, then make sure that you are getting the recommended 8 hours of sleep every night. Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day too, your body will start to know when it is time to sleep and wake up naturally when you make this a habit.
4. Try to be social in your new workplace and learn from yourself and others.
- Do not compare yourself to others.
- Focus on you so that you can be the best that you were meant to be.
- Find out what makes you happy and knowing what does not is just as important too.
- If you are interested in a particular field, meet up with someone to learn more about their job on a 30-minute coffee break. Go prepared with questions you want to ask.
- Learn from your mistakes because you will make them- we all do! Remember, there is always something to learn!
5. Take your daily vitamins but make sure they are high-quality clinical grade vitamins with a healthy dose of fish oil DHA. Vitamins can be what helps put you above the rest by helping you to perform optimally! Not sure which one you need? Our Vitamin and Mineral Test will tell YOU exactly which ones you need, saving you a bunch of money in the long run-Now That Is Smart!
To check your vitamin and mineral levels, click here!
We want to see you succeed in All that you do!
Like us on Facebook
Medical disclaimer: Our Vitamin and Mineral Test kits and all tests cannot be used to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. All test results are to be used as educational materials and as a guide to help support your overall health and wellness. Always discuss health concerns with your medical doctor.